Friday, December 1, 2006

Winter is upon us

On Wednesday, we had some blustery winds come through our city. It was a brrrr cold kind of wind. There were 30 to 40 mph gusts. And living in the desert, there was a TON of dirt/dust kicked up into the air. It was SO dusty that we couldn't see any of the surrounding mountains. For those of you who know my town, that's a big deal. If you can't see the Catalina or the Rincon mountains than that's a big deal.

On Thursday (yesterday), I pulled out the kids thicker jackets from their closets and zipped them up. It was a crystal CLEAR morning. Compared to the day before. We could see ALL the mountains in town from my daughter's bedroom window as I opened up her curtains to welcome the day. I walked out into the garage and got them into the car. I looked at my temp monitor on the panel as I warmed up my car and it said 46 degrees. Cold, right? But as I drove out of our neighborhood, I watched as the temp plummeted and plummeted. 31 degrees. THIRTY-ONE degrees! The high temp for yesterday was 54 degrees. Even though it was a clear day, it was still cold. Thankfully, we don't have to deal with the rain, sleet, snow, and slush that a lot of other people have to each year. But it's still COLD...

And today as I drove the kids to school? 34 degrees. Winter has hit the desert with a major SLAM. Brrr....

No comments: