Monday, January 29, 2007

The finale is on Wednesday

I am so ecstatic about the Top Chef finale this coming Wednesday.

Elia? She did well at the Elimination Challenge but she made it TOO much her own. I thought the same about Ilan's dishes as well. But Ilan used the Taro so that gave him a leg up. Which sucks because I was VERY surprised that Sam was ousted. He concentrated on learning pastries during the break. DESSERTS? SAM! It would have been fabulous to see Sam at the finale.

I am glad that Marcel got to the finals. He deserves it. He did the right thing about learning things about Hawaiian dishes. And what's great is to hear that he constantly tries to learn new things about food. The cutting edge.

And how the other contestants didn't like Marcel? I really saw it like a high school scene. People not liking others because the cool kids or the majority didn't like someone. I liked Marcel. I saw him constantly offering his assistance to the others even if they didn't have a kind word to say about him. And when he snapped at Betty? Marcel had just been snapped at by someone else. And did he ask for an apology? NO! When Frank got in his face about the toothbrush? The toothbrush was in a bag on the floor.

Also, Marcel wasn't talking smack about others behind their back. Did you catch all the hideous comments others made about Marcel? It was horrible. I couldn't believe that last comment that Ilan made at the end of the last show. "I've got more in my knife bag than some paprika." WOW! It was very bitter. It was not a nice interaction to witness.

So as someone who wasn't in the popular crowd in high school.... I think Marcel is a good guy. Just misunderstood.

But I'll be on pins and needles until the finale on Wednesday. Woohoo!

No comments: