Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Finally better

Last night was the first night that I've been able to sleep without having a coughing fit sometime through the night. I actually got more than a 4 hour stretch! I'm no longer a zombie. On Friday, I actually went in and got some meds for my irritated throat. I had to gargle this solution and it numbed the back of my throat. It was FABULOUS! And I didn't talk all weekend. I just wrote stuff down on a pad for the Hubs and the Prin. I used hand motions and expressions. It turned out fine. But I think my silent weekend and the meds really helped my throat heal faster. So I'm actually able to talk now and not cough every few minutes. WHEW!

What's even better is that the Hubs and I were able to sleep in the same bed together. When I got sick, he slept in the guest room. We always do this so the other won't get sick as well. Plus, I didn't want to disturb HIS sleep with all my hacking away at night. I mean, I was up from 3 to 5 times a night taking meds. Not pretty. Not a scenario for much sleep. So last night? We were finally able to sleep up against each other on such a cold night. Just to hear him breathing next to me. It was nice.

For those of you still dealing with being sick? My heart goes out to you. I haven't been THIS sick (about 10 days worth) since before the kids were born. And it was NOT fun at all. So drink LOTS of water. Get a couple naps in if you can. Make sure to take your meds religiously. You'll be better in no time.

No comments: