Friday, January 12, 2007

Sick sick sick

Last Friday night, I was feeling unusually tired. T-I-R-E-D!

The Hubs brought home a large cheese pizza and some salad. I only ate some salad. When I did that, the Hubs KNEW I wasn't myself. I went to sleep around 10pm. I didn't get out of bed on Saturday until 10am. And I had an amazingly bad headache, my joints, my bones, and my muscles hurt like crazy. I sent the Hubs off to the store to get me some medication. I went back to bed and ended up sleeping for an hour. Thankfully, the meds worked and I didn't have the massive headache anymore (just a small one). But by 2 o'clock I was dead tired. I went back to bed and didn't wake until almost 6. And I ended up wrapping up my day by 9pm. That's right people, Saturday was spent mostly sleeping. And I still slept the whole night through. I was still tired on Sunday. I worked a few hours but I mostly lounged and napped.

I'm just so thankful I went down on the weekend. The Hubs stepped up and took care of the kids during the day. Took them outside. Kept them occupied. The Princess knew that I felt horrible. The Bear just knew not to come into our bedroom when the door was closed.

TMI this paragraph....On Tuesday morning, I visited the Urgent Care (U.C.) down the street. I had a nose-bleed that would not stop. There was so much blood. There was so much that I actually had to spit some out of my mouth. ICK! But after 25 minutes of trying, I ended up sneezing and the trickle began to flow once more. The doc at U.C. said my nasal passages looked bone dry and that I had an upper respiratory infection. That I needed to spray saline into my nostrils every couple of hours and to put a thin coat of petroleum jelly into each nostril. Yes. My nose has been THAT dry. It hasn't helped that the humidity in AZ is so low and the heater just SUCKS whatever moisture is left.

So it's Friday and I'm STILL recovering. I've been coughin up a storm every night. When I lay down I end up having to cough. The urge to cough is so strong. I've been miserable. I'm tired but can't GET to sleep. So I'm mending ever so slowly. Hopefully I'll get to 100% this weekend.

Hopefully you are all healthy right now. TRY your best not to get sick. It really is horrible this season....

No comments: