Friday, February 23, 2007

Changes for me... us...

One of my online buds Summer has influenced me to make some changes in my life.

She and a bunch other of her readers are commiting to the T-Tapp exercise program for the entire period of Lent. You know how a lot of people "give up" things during Lent? Well, Summer is getting us involved to make changes in our lives. Health changes. Like I said, the other gals are doing T-Tapp. I'm just making the commitment to exercise 3 days per week. I currently don't have any kind of exercise program in my life. So 3 days a week is going to create some positive changes in my body. For sure!

Everyone is also making one additional modification in their daily routine. Some gals are giving up sugar! I'm going to commit to drinking at least 40 ounces of water a day. I know I need to drink water, but I never do. So I"m constantly in a state of dehydration. It's bad. So 40 ounces of water will be a big change for me. I've got a 16 ounce water bottle that I'm planning on filling up at least 3 times a day.

So we all made the commitment to Summer on Wednesday. I've been drinking my water. And my body has definitely noticed the change. I am visiting the bathroom SO much more often. But I think this increase in water will help with the dry skin on my heels and knees. I think it's going to eventually show up in a more healthy glow in my face. I think my entire body will get to a different level of 'comfort'. But I have noticed that this morning when I didn't drink 16 ounces by 10am that I was THIRSTY. It was a much more strong urge to drink than in the past. I find it interesting that even after only 2 days of consuming more water my body has tuned into it already.

As for exercise? I did a 2 mile walk today. I did sit-ups (only about 20 slow crunches). I did some isometric exercises for my sides (where my tire has developed) and my keister. I stretched after and it was good start.

So what are my stats right now? I'm almost 5'3" and weigh between 125 - 130 pounds. But my "stuff" isn't firm anymore. I would like to lose 10 pounds but that's not a necessity. I just want to feel better about my body. Be stronger. More firm. Increase my flexibility. I know I'll never get back to the shape I was in when I first met the Hubs without a huge commitment to the gym (which I was going to at least 5 times a week for a couple hours). I was only 110 and strong and lean. Yeah. No way am I ever getting down that low. So 10 pounds? That would create some major shifts in my dimensions. And that is what I want.

And here's the nitty gritty. My measurements!

Friday, Feb23
Bust:38.00
Waist:33.50
Hips:36.00
Right Upper Thigh:21.25
Right Lower Thigh:15.75
Left Upper Thigh:21.25
Left Lower Thigh:15.75
Right Upper Arm:11.25
Left Upper Arm:10.75

I'm going to try to provide weekly updates on how I'm doing. Not daily becuase that would be way too much for me. And for you. I'm sure that would BORE you all to high heaven.

So this is what I'm doing for Lent. You want to join in? If so, let me know. What are you going to commit to?


FYI.... the Hubs called about an hour ago. He's got the new job! He didn't provide me with any details as he left me a voicemail. We're going to discuss all the details when he gets home. I am just SO proud of him. This is the kind of thing he's wanted to do. And now he's going to be able to do it. It's not like he hates his current job. His current job is great. It's in the field he enjoys but he's dealing with his boss' clients. He needs to build his own but hasn't been able to find a successful way to do it. And with this new job? He'll be able to build it. Will he continue to work his current job and do this one on the side? I don't know. Like I said... he still needs to fill me in on all the details he found out today during his interview. I can't wait until the kids are in bed so we can really talk!

No comments: