Tuesday, March 20, 2007

I can do it mysewf

The Bear is growing by leaps and bounds.

His language skills improve every day. Sometimes I'm in awe of the sentences (actual sentences) that're coming out of his mouth. How he's able to explain himself. How he TELLS us what he wants. How he expresses his opinion.

What's even more amazing is his stance on doing things himself.

Washing the hands? He's got it under control if he can reach the faucet handles.

Flushing the toilet? He HAS to do that or there's a mess of crying that erupts.

Brushing the teeth? I do it first. Then I let him have a go at it. He enjoys the end portion where he 'brushes his tongue' and then rinses everything off.

Dressing himself? He likes that quite a bit. What I think he enjoys the most is the 'undressing' part. Where he takes it all off and dances around for at least a minute while he's necked. I just lay his clothes where he can spot them and he goes to town. Unless there are buttons involved and if he doesn't want to take the time then he asks for "a little help please."

He's now actually also able to get a blanket onto himself if he gets cold at night. Yeah, now! Now that the temperatures are rising and we're on the verge of turning on the AC! But at least I know he's capable of covering himself at night. This way I don't have to check on him anymore OR worry that he's cold. But I must say that he is like me with the blanket -- letting a foot hang out free so he doesn't get too hot under the covers. he-he-he!

But my boy! My last baby. He's growing up. WAY. TOO. FAST.

No comments: