Thursday, March 22, 2007

Carefree and fancy free

That's how I feel when I drop the kids off at school. Yeah. Right. Those 15 minutes alone in the car before I have to log into work and deal with $^@!% people. But it's a good 15 minutes. I'll most often blast my music. Not Gymboree music. Not Baby Einstein. Not Raffi. MY MUSIC. All girl music. The estrogen flows like crazy as I sing at the top of my voice.

Anyway, I dropped the Princess off at school and I sat at the front of the left-hand turn lane. The light turns green. I make my left. I see a police car at the right once I complete my left onto the street. It's sitting in front of the elementary school there at the corner. I adjust my music. I look at check my rearview mirror. Only to see? The police car slide out from its spot and onto the street. And a couple seconds later turn on its flashing lights. I'm irritated but I pull over, turn off the music, turn off the engine, open my window and place both hands on the windowsill of my car as I watch the officer approach.
Me: Hi.
Officer: Good morning. Do you know how fast you were going?
Me: Uh...
Officer: I clocked you going 22.
Me: Okay.
Officer: You were going 22 in a school zone.
Me: But I past the 2nd sign.
Officer: No ma'am. You needed to pass the sign where I was parked before you are allowed to gain speed.
Me: Really? Uh...
Officer: Yes ma'am. So please keep your speed down.
Me: Okay.
So the Officer only gives me a warning. But WTF? I got stopped for going TWENTY TWO miles per hour! I totally blasted my music after that encounter.

No comments: