Friday, March 9, 2007

Strange quirk

Y'all who regularly read know that the Bear loves to play with my hair. He also plays with his sister's hair.

As he's cuddling with us, he'll reach up and pull his fingers through the strands. From root to tip. Over and over and over again. When he's tired and trying to fall asleep? He reaches to the back/top of his own head and will gently pull his fingers through his own hair. He loves the feel of the hair. The texture. The sensation as the hair goes through his chunky fingers.

But when he's in the tub and finds a lose hair? A hair that's not attached to my head? or his sister's head? All heck breaks lose! I always get my daughter ready for bed first. She gets cleaned up and then we exit the bathroom. Then the Hubs gets the Bear cleaned up. So oftentimes, a hair will drop off my daughter's head and stick to the side or bottom of the tub.

Bear: A HAIW!
Hubs: It's okay buddy.
Bear: Get it! Get it! Iss right dare!

The Hubs HAS to remove the hair. The Bear will not touch it. If my husband doesn't remove it then my son gets more and more agitated.

Weird? Well that's my rough and tumble boy. He loves to watch programs about dinosaurs. About alligators. About lions and hyenas. But gets flusterred by a errant single long strand of hair in the tub. Go figure!

No comments: