Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Clip...Snip...Done

I did it! It's done!

My hair has been cut. Snipped. Sliced off! The finished product looks more along the lines of the last sample.

Around 9am I called our local hair place and found there was NO waiting. So I drove right on over. And plunked myself in the chair. Yesterday, I had purchased a magazine that was filled with short hairstyles. I revealed a sample photo to the stylist, who gasped in surprise. Even SHE knew it was going to be a major deal. A major shift. A major milestone.

We looked at a couple of other similar samples in the magazine. We discussed the various options. Side part? Middle part? No part? Long in back? Short layers in back closer to my head? How long should the front bang section be around my face? After we agreed on all the variables, she set to work. As she pulled my hair back into a ponytail...

Stylist: I think your hair is long enough to donate.
Me: Oh yeah? That would be great if I could donate it.

So she pulled the ponytail on. And snipped it off. And YES! It was long enough! I am SO ecstatic!

Stylist: Oh my gosh! It's already so cute!
Me: The back?
Stylist: Yes!
Me: So you're done!

After she had snipped off the long section, the blunt cut in the back looked good! We both got a good chuckle out of it. But she continued to work and snip and slice. And now? It's all done. And the best part? I got the haircut for FREE! Apparently, when they're able to get a donation then the haircut is free for the client. I totally didn't even know that. So I ended up giving my stylist the amount of money I would have paid for the haircut. So we ALL made out in the situation.

My hair hasn't been THIS short since just after the Princess was born. Actually, it was longer than this. Hmm.... This short? I guess it was just after the Hubs and I got married. When he went away on his last 6 month deployment in the Navy and I was home alone. I'm sure I'll be hearing comments from the Hubs when he comes home tonight. More comments from the kidlings when I pick them up this afternoon.

But cutting my hair short? It's something I wanted to do for me. It feels good. I'm happy. And isn't that something that ALL Moms need to do for themselves? Do something that makes them happy?

No comments: