Sunday, April 22, 2007

Another late night

It's 12:30am on Sunday. I got the day right this time. And I'm in a happy mood.

No. I'm not drunk. No. I didn't just have a private moment with the Hubs. I'm finished with that humongous project that I was working on since yesterday. I poked and prodded at this new software that we were using to "help" us to update things more quickly. I had to LEARN this software. And learn it yesterday. But tonight? I figured it out. I realized HOW to get the data in the software and send it onward to another system. [doing my own private in-zone dance]

With this triumphant finish, I was able to send off an email to one of my most favorite co-workers and let him know the joyful news. That I had finished this thing that relates to one of his projects. I'm sure HE is ecstatic about it. Or WILL be ecstatic when he reads my email tomorrow (at some reasonable hour). The issue with me having to get this done quick was because the guy who prepared this document took 2 weeks to get it to us. TWO weeks! I know the guy is swamped. We all are! But I would expect him to put in some longer hours and stuff to get deliverables out. But I don't work at the main office and he doesn't report to me, so I've got NO say in his list of priorities.

Anyway, I'm off to bed now. SLEEP. I need some good sleep. 6 days of working past 11pm has not been fun. That's after putting in an 8-5 hour day. I usually start working again after the kiddos are in bed at 8pm. But I'm so glad that tomorrow night I'll be able to get to bed (with the Hubs) at a reasonable hour. Ahhhh....

No comments: