Monday, April 23, 2007

Getting the ears squeaky clean

No. This isn't about sticking a Q-tip down into the delicate area of the ears. Just a tale of someone who needs to open up their ears.

The Hubs has been home as most of you know. He's been seeking out jobs via the web and through local agencies. Today he visited one of those agencies. But last night, he received an email from the agency requesting that he take an on-line evaluation. The Hubs tried to log in but alas to no avail. He'd put in his access code and immediately be kicked back to the main page.
Me: What's wrong hon?
Hubs: This stu#%@ machine!
Me: Did you try....
Hubs: If these people built this site correctly, then we'd be able to access it....
Anyway, he wasn't about to listen to a word I said since he was in such a horrible mood. When he tried (with fresh eyes) this morning to access the site, he had the same results.
Me: Honey. What's it telling you?
Hubs: It's not accepting the code they gave me.
Me: Did you try....
Hubs: If it's not one thing, it's another....
He didn't even let me finish my sentence.

Fast forward to this afternoon. He was back from seeing the people at the agency. But he STILL had to take that on-line evaluation. He tried accessing it.

@#%$^@^

That's all I heard!

I took a break and walked outside for a few minutes. When I came back he was on the phone with some customer service people trying to figure why the Hubs wasn't able to access the site. Back and forth. The Hubs clicking here and there. He hung up the phone. Tried the site. NOTHING.

%^!$^$@^

That's all I heard.

The Hubs walked away. I sat at his computer. I went to to Firewall thingy and modifed the cookie list to include the site he was trying to access. Took me less than a minute to do. The Hubs came back a minute later and sat down.
Me: Try it now.
The Hubs clicked on the site. He entered his access code. TA-DA! It opened up to the next step.
Hubs: What'd you do?
Me: I did exactly what I tried asking you about last night. AND what I tried asking you about this morning.
The Hubs was finally able to finish the test. Took less time to finish it than for him to get INTO the site. And....I don't even remember hearing him say "Thank you" about fixing the issue for him. Cry You'd think he would have but he didn't!

I just have to say...this is another example of how my husband doesn't listen when I'm trying to tell him something. I mean, I totally knew what I was talking about. I knew exactly how to fix the problem. And all I got was a stoney face. That makes me sad.

No comments: