Thursday, April 12, 2007

home with me?

Having the Hubs at home with me is..... in transition.

Yesterday he had a bunch of meetings. So he wasn't home most of the day. Fine and dandy.

Today? He was HOME! He walked out of our room while the kids were having breakfast. They were SO surprised to see him. AND then he drove them to school. Apparently, he can't do that again. Because the Bear had a meltdown during dropoff. His hands over his eyes. Bawling really loud. The Hubs could hear the Bear wailing as he walked out the front door.

But when the Hubs got home? I got so irritated with him. Why? Because he started listening to a podcast on the desktop. Listening to it on the speakers. ARGH! It's usually quiet. Quiet. Quiet when I'm home alone working. So his listening to the broadcast was not welcome. When he walked away to do something, I hooked up the headphones. And when he saw the headphones? He got ticked at me!

As the day went on though he realized that I needed it to be quiet. That I got calls. That I had to concentrate. That I sit at my computer all day and work. I wasn't running around taking a nap. Watching tv. Buzzing around doing nothing. That I sit. And work. So I guess he understands now. And that's all that counts.

No comments: