Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Pass on this one....let's find another

My family is NOT going to buy that new house. My Mom, Dad, LilSis and her husband.

I guess they're in the last phase of that development and it's been put on hold. The couple of phases ahead of them are just not selling. People were dropping out. And now? My family has dropped out of their contract as well. Mainly because they don't know WHEN the house will be finished. They don't want to wait. They just don't like being put into limbo.

So what are they going to do? Where are they going to live?

I guess LilSis is researching what's for sale in a particular part of town. Homes built by a particular builder. A builder who has good quality and nice floorplans. And they're planning on purchasing a pre-owned home. Something MUCH smaller than the newly built home they were waiting on. I guess my folks re-evaluated their life plans. My Mom has finally decided to retire by the end of this year. She and my Dad have decided that TRAVEL is going to be a big thing for them. That they don't need a big space to live while they are in town. That they'll settle for a smaller place so they have more dinero to fly and visit places.

I'm glad that they've decided to get something smaller. Less of a monthly hit to their budget. LilSis and her husband don't need anything huge. They're newlyweds and they don't have kids.

So when we drive out to visit them for Memorial Weekend, they may be in their current home but most likely they'll be somewhere else. With the housing market like it is, I'm sure they'll find something nice and be able to get a GREAT deal. It's a buyer's market! And even if they purchase something that needs work? That's fine. They're more interested in the neighborhood. They're looking for some good 'bones'. Then they can put their stamp on it!

I'm excited for them. I think this is a more positive step for all of them. That other house was going to be WAY TO BIG. Too much to clear. Too much to maintain. Just too much. You know? I'd rather them purchase something smaller. Something in an established neighborhood. I'm just giddy to hear that they've found a HOUSE!

No comments: