Tuesday, April 10, 2007

So the change is happening

Do any of you remember the "positive change" I mentioned in February?

Well, those changes are happening. The Hubs current employer found out about the change and well... Today was the Hubs last day at that job. YES! They asked him to leave. TODAY.

The Hubs new opportunity starts May 1. But it's a 'test' period. So he's not going to be paid. [gulp] The official start of the new project is September 1. SEPTEMBER! The Hubs is going to go out and try to get a temporary job -- like a 6 month deal. I'm thinking a 'contractor' type situation. There are people who go out on Family Leave or Maternity Leave. So I'm sure he'll find something.

But we're a one income family. Right NOW! Thankfully, I had the Hubs fax our medical/dental applications out to MY company person so we won't be without coverage. Our current coverage is good through the end of the month. I could never be without insurance now that we have kids. You know?

Am I nervous? Kind of. But the Hubs is so positive about his new opportunity. All I can be is strong and back him up. He always seems to land on his feet. So I shouldn't get too rattled by our situation. But it's strange. I'm the breadwinner again. Before we had the kids, I was the breadwinner of the family. I didn't feel like I was, but I was. I was traveling like crazy doing consulting work while the Hubs was working and getting his Master's. We rarely saw each other. But we 'grew' a lot in that period of time. I realized I could do MORE than I had ever thought I could. And the Hubs? He was able to fulfill his dream of completing his education to a level no one else in his entire family had yet to achieve.

What's gonna be crazy? The Hubs will be IN BED with me when I wake up in the morning. He won't be gone in the darkness of the morning. He'll be in bed! I just hope he doesn't drive me crazy when he's home while I try to work!

No comments: