Thursday, April 5, 2007

Don't kick me while I'm down

Work is continuing to 'kick my butt'.

Some people might envy me for being able to work from home. But right now? I don't think anyone would envy me. This week I've been working until 11pm. Tuesday night I was up until 1am. Plus I've been getting back on at 6am each day. And it hasn't been just this week. It's been about a month that I've been having to clock WAY more hours than normal.

I've been worrying about getting things done. I've been worrying about letting people down. I've been ticked at people who've been slackers and not providing me with updates on the deliverables they're supposed to give me. I've been worried about getting caught up. I've been worried we'll never get caught up. I've had many moments in the last couple weeks especially that I've felt like banging my head against the wall because I'm SO frustrated. [shaking head about those moments]

So that's why I haven't been jumping on and writing anything fun. My brain has been tired and fuzzy once I log off from work. Hopefully I'll be able to enjoy THIS weekend. Did you know Sis#2 and her family are coming out this Sunday? YES! It's going to be fabulous seeing them. BUT....we will be visiting my ILs on Saturday. [gag]

And ... does anyone have tomorrow off? Good Friday? I've NEVER had that day off from work. I've always had to work. But the Hubs? He always has had that day off. Is this a mid-Western thing? I think it's strange, but that's only because I've never had it off. Even the people who report to me (who live in another country) asked me if I have the day off tomorrow. I'm like "What? Tomorrow?" Then I emailed our vacation days for the company. SEVEN official holidays on our work calendar. How pathetic is that? But then again, I work for a start-up. So that's why work is always kicking me. So be nice?

No comments: