Sunday, April 1, 2007

Laugh out LOUD funny

As we drove home from dinner last night, I noticed a car on the far right lane. Newer. Yellow. Mustang. Convertible. With a LOUD engine. He revved it a couple times at the stoplight.

I didn't think anything of it until he sped up and cut over 2 lanes to get to the left lane. JERK was the word that flamed in my head.

His actions didn't improve at the next light as he continued to rev his engine. Like it was OUR fault (the rest of us drivers on the road) that we kept on catching the lights. The light turned green and he sped off down the road.

But again we caught a light about 3/4 mile down the road. I noticed the JERK car in the left-hand turn lane. We were waiting on the right waiting for the light to turn so we could turn onto the street. I happen to be looking left when the left-hand turn light turned green. And I saw the JERK car make a u-turn.

But it was unlike ANY u-turn I'd ever seen. You see, he peeled out and made the U. His front end was ready to go in the opposite direction. But the back-end of his vehicle? It fishtailed to the right due to the momentum. All of a sudden I didn't hear his engine. I think he purposely stalled it so that he could STOP the vehicle. I didn't see him for a minute as there were cars in the middle lane blocking my view. I didn't see the JERK drive down the opposite side of the street. So...I think he sat there shaken for a minute. But then I finally did see him drive off. And the first car in the middle lane? The driver was BUSTING up laughing and telling his passengers what had happened.

The cool guy in the muscle car. Swerving in a u-turn? NOT. SO. COOL. He looked like a FOOL! I've been chuckling about that in my head since yesterday!

No comments: