Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Party time

We received two birthday invitations last week. One for each child.

I had to respond to one today because it was the RSVP deadline day. I called and had to leave a message.
Me: Hi. My name is Grace. My son, Bear, received an invitation to Logan's party. I wanted to let you know that he and I would be attending the party this Saturday. I was curious what kind of things Logan was interested in. Give me a call. Let me know. I can be reached at 555-5555.
Good message, right? I wasn't sure if Logan was a girl or a boy. This way I'd get the answer to that along with what kind of interests this child had. I had to find leave that message because I don't know all the kids in my son's daycare class. I only know a handful of kids' names. Anyway, the Mom called me back tonight.
Logan's Mom: Hi. Can I speak to Grace?
Me: This is Grace.
Logan's Mom: Oh hi. This is Logan's Mom.
Me: I'm so glad you called back. I wanted to find out what kind of things Logan was interested in.
Logan's Mom: Oh, Logan is into everything the Bear is probably interested in. Like all little boys are.
Me: Oh. Okay. I also wanted to verify if there's anything that you don't want him to have. Some parents are particular about what kind of gifts their child receives....
Logan's Mom: No. Just whatever. We're just excited to have you and the Bear attend the party.
Me: Okay. I guess I'll see you on Saturday. The boys will see each other tomorrow.
Logan's Mom: Okay. Bye.
Good conversation. I found out Logan is a boy. And there are no gift restrictions. Cool. Got that straightened out.

As we got the Princess was getting cleaned up in the bathroom, I cuddled with the Bear.
Me: Buddy, do you play with Logan?
His face visibly changed. He got a frowny face. And he looked away as he answered.
Bear: No.
Me: Oh really? Why not?
He frowned and I could tell that he wasn't sure of how to answer my question.
Me: Is he a not-nice boy?
Bear: Yeah.
Then he made a pushing motion at me.
Me: He pushes other kids?
The Bear nodded.
Bear: Pushes. And punches.
Me: Who does Logan play with?
Bear: Blake.
So now that I've RSVP'd, I find out that Logan is a not-nice kid who pushes & punches the other kids. Fabulous! I am such a sucky Mom!

No comments: