Thursday, May 24, 2007

4 days off!

Tomorrow morning, we're heading off to see my family. I actually asked for this weekend off. I KNOW it's Memorial Day weekend and most people have an automatic 3-days off. But with a start-up company like mine? If there's work to do, it doesn't matter if there's a national holiday. You do your work. Anyway, I asked for Friday thru Monday off. My boss told me I deserved it. I put it on our Vacation calendar. I informed our HR person to take the hours off from my accrued vacation. I did this like TWO weeks ago.

I finally let the rest of the company know. I sent an email out to everyone on Monday letting them know I'd be out and would be traveling. THEREFORE, I would have limited internet access. Meaning, I'd basically be out of touch for 4 days. FOUR GLORIOUS DAYS!

One of the new guys at work and I had a conversation yesterday.

Newbie: Do we have this weekend off?
Me: It's officially a company holiday. But if I stuff that needs to get done then I end up working.

I know this guy has a lot of stuff due next week. So I was basically trying to tell him that even if it's a holiday he needs to get stuff done. But I'm not his boss so I can't tell him he needs to work. He needs to KNOW that he needs to get it done. You know?

But I'm excited to be off. Out of touch. It'll be my first 4 days off since I started almost 2 years ago.

No comments: