Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Satisfying the craving

You know when you suddenly NEED to eat something? Chocolate at that time of the month. A hot dog at a baseball game. An ice cream sandwich when you're having a picnic at the park? Oh.... those are my needs.

Anyway, this morning I had a hankering for a greasy breakfast. A sausage Mc-Muff with egg, a hash brown and a large coffee. Yummy! I don't eat this way often but for some reason I was craving a greasy, salty breakfast. I drive up and give my order to the slow person on the other end. There are about 4 cars ahead of me which was unusual. But I figured there were other folks getting the same greasy breakfast as me.

I get to the first window and pay. There are two gals at the two registers at the window. They each were in charge of one register and were still as slow as snails taking orders.

I get to the second window and wait for the window to slide open. And it finally does. I greet the girl with a smile.

Girl: We're out of hash browns.
Me: Excuse me?
Girl: We're out of hash browns. You can either have an apple pie or a cookie.
Me: You're out of hash browns?
Girl: Yes. We're waiting for supplies. Do you want an apple pie or a cookie?
Me: But I don't want either.
Girl: How about a parfait?
Me: I guess....

I conceded. I gave in. Rather than ask for my money back, I caved in. DANG IT! They threw me for a loop there and I got tongue-tied!

Now if they knew they were out of hash browns, why didn't they tell me when I was ordering my food? Why didn't they tell me when I was paying at the first window? They waited until I was stuck to tell me. And then they offer me a cookie or an apple pie at 8 o'clock in the morning? Why not another breakfast sandwich? BASTAGES!

No comments: