Thursday, May 3, 2007

Something new for you, something new for me

As you all know, the Hubs found a new job recently. He left his old one and has yet to start his new one. He's on a nice break for now.

And as he is moving on to something new and exciting soon, I've been plugging away at my job. Working away with the regular stuff. Recently taking on some new things. I took on a task that other people weren't able to fit into their already busy workload. Early last week we even had a conference call and were broaching the topic of hiring someone to do this work. But it turned out to be easier than I thought and I was able to fit it in to my deliverables.

Anyway, the other day one of the big guys casually asked me if I was interested in moving to another job. I hadn't even thought about that job. But he told me to think about it and let him know. Today I asked one of the guys who actually DOES that job about it. And after that discussion I felt better. He told me that I should try the job out. So....I emailed the one of the big guys today and let him know that I would indeed be interested in moving to the new job. He and I are going to touch base and get the ball rolling.

But the Hubs did tell me that I've got to discuss if this is going to be a "lateral" move or a "step-up". That I need to find out if I'm handing OFF my current responsibilities or not. The supervising of 9 people. The new tasks I picked up this week. You know? Stuff that I failed to bring up but hopefully I'll have the balls to talk about it all. If I do get to get rid of my current "burdens" then I'll be able to disconnect the umbilical cord from my laptop and modem. That would be FABULOUS!

No comments: