Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Shaking my head in confusion

I just heard about a wedding on the Hubs side of the family.

The long-lost daughter of the Hubs uncle (my MILs brother) & aunt is getting hitched. This is the daughter the two had when they were 17 years old. The Hubs aunt was shuttled away to another city and the daughter was put up for adoption. Yes. It was that taboo event that families did 30-40 years ago. Hiding a pregnant teenage daughter away.

The Hubs uncle and aunt eventually married and had 1 son and adopted 2 girls. Anyway, 6 years ago they finally found their daughter. They'd been looking for her for a couple years and found her still living in their city perimeter. They reunited with her and found that she was married with 3 kids. My husband's cousin has kept in touch with my MILs family.

The Hubs and I just found out that my husband's cousin is now divorced. Turns out that her husband realized he was not happy in the marriage. They divorced. We found out he's currently getting a gender change. And my husband's cousin is engaged to another man and will be getting married next month! AND she'll be moving to our state!

WOW! Things like this confuse me...but it takes all kinds to make this world go 'round!

No comments: