Sunday, June 10, 2007

Smackdown

Did you watch the Smackdown on Bravo? The Top Chef special?

It was GOOD! Go Season 1!

What was unfortunate was how Marcel tried to smacktalk/joke with the other chefs and they were NOT having it. It just made him look like a jerk. But I can see where he's coming from. He probably thought it was all in good fun kidding around. But he didn't "read" his contestants well and didn't realize they wouldn't appreciate his type of joking.

This episode reinforced my belief that Ilan wasn't the person who should have won Season 2. He is so stuck with that one style of regional cooking. STUCK! I'm not a chef and even I know that duck is normally cooked to pink & never well done. For ME to know that is huge. And when he took some food out of a container in the pantry and popped it into his mouth? Oy!

What I didn't like was that LeeAnne wasn't the 4th person on the Season1. But I was happy to see that she's working behind the scenes now on the show. She'll get to see the drama first hand from the other side of the fence. But with LeeAnne being out, that allowed Stephen to slide into that open spot. It was funny watching his straight laced up-tight style next to Marcel's free-flowing style. HILARIOUS!

What was even more hilarious was watching Dave WIG out when the servers took his dishes out. Oh my gosh! It looked like he was going to have a heart-attack. I was rolling on the couch out of laughter.

Spilling. We're spilling.

But it was really fun seeing everyone again. If you have an opportunity to see the show? Watch it!

No comments: