Saturday, June 23, 2007

Stronger day by day

Y'all, I've been keeping up with my mission!

I haven't been running as much. Instead I've been walk/running. These past couple of days I've been mainly walking. But walking for almost an hour. I'm taking advantage of not having the kidlings and doing my walking first thing in the morning. The last two days I've been out for almost an hour each morning. I can already feel my thigh muscles firming up! But before I start running every day, I want to make sure my muscles and ligaments are strong. I don't want to pull something right off the bat. That'll throw me off the "getting healthy" band-wagon big time.

I'm even trying to do some additional work after my walks while I'm cooling down. Sit-ups. Push-ups. Leg lifts. Squats. Even some light weights to work my biceps/triceps/shoulders. I can already see the muscle in my upper arms getting puffy. Initially when I gain muscle, I puff up. Then as I continue working out I lean out. I just flexed my left arm. It's so cool seeing the bicep pop up taller than it's been in a long time. I've never had the wing action on my upper arms but I can see that area looking more firm.

It's pretty fulfilling to see the changes in my body. I'm on my way folks. On my way! I'm excited. Even though I did have a couple ho-hum mornings, I still went out. In the past I would have just stayed home. Now I did take one day off this week. But I was too busy that day. I had a few conference calls. I had a couple deliverables due. TOO MUCH going on! But like I said, I did have a couple morning where I didn't feel like going out but I still went. I trudged out. And I felt better once I got back home and stretched out. It felt good.

I am going to have to start out no later than 7am each day. This week it got HOT here. So that's why I was out by 6am today. Let me tell you people, around noon today the Hubs and I went out to run some errands. It was already 107 degrees when we were out. So since it's getting super hot now, I have to get out as soon as possible each day.

*****

Here's what I've done this week...

Monday: 25 minute walk with Princess (I had to carry her 1/4 mile because she got tired)

Tuesday: 40 minute walk -- 15 minute floor work

Wednesday: Day off

Thursday: 40 minute walk/run -- ran 2/3 of the way & walked 1/3 of the way -- 20 minute floor work

Friday: 50 minute walk -- 15 minute floor work

Saturday: 1 hour walk -- 30 minute floor work

*****

Did I tell you that I already am "friendly" with some of the other regular morning walkers. There's a guy who always wears a baseball cap. There's a gal with a new little one in a stroller and her two dogs. There's an older couple that bring walking sticks with them. But I was surprised this morning to see the guy with the baseball cap. I went out at 6am this morning (normally I'm out around 7am after dropping off the Bear at daycare). So we both got an early start as it was the weekend.

So I'm on my way! Getting fit as each day passes. Yeah!

No comments: