Monday, June 18, 2007

T-minus 20 hours

By this time tomorrow, the kids will be gone. Off on an adventure. AWAY from us. They'll be with the Hubs family. For a WEEK!

The Hubs and I are happy that the kidlings will be together while they're away. They're a good team. They comfort each other when they're tired. They hug each other when they're happy. They love each other immensely. Even when they fight. They always make up.

But the Hubs and I can't wait to be alone. Just to take care of each other. Take care of ourselves. We only need to think of ONE other person for 7 days! We only need to cook for two. We can wake up when we want to -- not at the crack of dawn 5:30am when the Bear decides that the day has started.

Now the Hubs and I aren't taking vacation. I still have to work. He still has to work. But it'll be nice. We're thinking about going out to dinner one night. To an ADULT restaurant. One with no kids' section. We'll be able to both eat hot meals at the same time. One of us will be able to drink an adult beverage or two.

AND the best thing of all? We can have some major adult time without having to think about what the kids are doing OR where they're sleeping. You parents who have a child sleeping in your bedroom know what I'm talking about. Woohoo!

But I've got the kids "swim" bag all packed. Two swimsuits each. Swim vests. Sunscreen.I've got their quiet activity bag packed as well. Books. Paper. Markers/crayons. Flashcards. Coloring books. All I've got to do now is get all their clothes packed! AHH!

No comments: