Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Covering him with kisses

As I was sitting watching a DVD (Children of Men) on Sunday afternoon, the Bear came up to me.

"Mommy, my tummy hurts."
"It does Sweetie?"
"Yeah. I way down wif you."

He proceeded to come in for a hug as I lay back on the cushions. His head ended up cradled in my left arm and left breast, as his body lay across mine. His left arm went up and his little fingers found my hair. He just lay there rubbing my hair between his fingers. He lay there quietly and snuggled as MUCH into me as possible. As if the proximity to me would take away his discomfort. So I held him and held him close and secure.

Within 5 minutes, he fell asleep. Fell asleep in my arms. Like he did when he was a baby. My Big Boy! It was amazing that he fell asleep. He must have been so tired. In so much discomfort.

Instead of putting him down onto the couch immediately, I continued to hold him. I'd watch my movie and then look at him. And kiss his forehead. Kiss his cheeks. Kiss his hands. And then I'd watch my movie for a bit more. And then look at him again and cover him with more kisses. I relished in the moment. Where he was my little baby again. Because those quiet moments like that? Those moments are going to disappear soon enough.

No comments: