Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Support for the twins

This morning Heidi & Marisa were on the local morning show to talk about the new VicSecret bra.

That got me to thinking about how I get my support nowadays. It's not pretty. Basic stuff.

I remember when I was in my 20s that I had fabulous bras. I went to VicSecret and could buy any bra. I'd just try whatever on and it was all good. Nothing difficult about it. My girls were perky back then.

Now? After 2 kids? I have to "find" the right bra. Look for certain styles that will fit. I have to look for something that'll SUPPORT and hug my girls completely. You know the issue I'm talking about. You try on a bra and you get the spillage issue due to a too-small cup. Then when you go up a cup size there's too much extra room. And I can't just wear the satiny items. I need lined bras. I don't need any peek-a-boos through my summer shirts [how embarrassing]. ARGH!

It's one of the most frustrating tasks. You'd think it would be easy or fun. It USED to be. But as it stands now, I fret about going out and getting support for the twins. The best bra I've got right now? An old nursing bra. It fits me nice around my body AND it hugs my twins just right. Not too little. Not too much.

I think I'm going to have to break down and go to a bra-fitting place. There's a place about 5 miles away that helps women find the "right" bra. I'm sure it'll be expensive. I have to make an appointment! But MAN, I need something that fits correctly.

Now that YOU have had kids, can you still drop by VicSecret and pick up whatever you like? OR do you have to search and try-on and find one like I do?

No comments: