Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Rainy days...thunder...flodding...congestion...

Those of us in Arizona are in the midst of monsoon season. And this week? It's been grey skies every night.

Thankfully, I work from home so I don't have to deal with the congestion. The Hubs will be starting to have to do that tomorrow though. ARGH!

But with the rainy days have come some beautiful moments.

On Monday afternoon, a storm was headed towards us from the east. The sun was setting in the west. So to the west of us it was sunny and bright. To the east of us were dark skies and low clouds. But as we ate dinner with the sun shining into our kitchen, we watched the rain come down hard. Raining in the sunshine. We could see the streaks of water coming down clearly because the sunlight was reflecting against each one. SO PRETTY!

Then, I saw my first FULL rainbow yesterday. It was a dark rainbow that was well defined against the dark grey clouds behind it. To see the entire ARCH of the rainbow was amazing. I'd never seen one in my 30-something years of life. I made sure to get the kids outside to see it. They didn't realize what an amazing site they were looking at.

"You know, this is the first FULL rainbow Mommy has ever seen."
"Really Mommy?"
"Yes!"
"Wow. And I'm only six and I'm already seeing one?"
"Yes, my Sweetie. I'm sure you'll see and do lots of things in your life that Mommy has never done."

Tonight, it actually looks like we won't have any rain. The rain came earlier this afternoon. A ten minute downpour. That was it. Hopefully tonight we won't get any loud thunder, so the kids can sleep in their bed instead of falling asleep in ours.

No comments: