Thursday, July 26, 2007

Where they gather to lift each other up

Tomorrow the big conference starts in Chicago.

I wish I could go. But alas, I couldn't afford the trip. Plus I just don't see myself as that caliber of a writer. I write like I'm talking most of the time. I ramble. I stumble. Normally I write with no editing. Just to get my thoughts out. If I overthink it, I'll just end up deleting most of the things I write! So I crank it out and publish it. Yes. I can easily delete any post, but once it's out...I normally keep things up.

I wish I could be a fly on the wall at the conference. All those women gathered there. And to be around so many ladies around me? I think I'd freeze up. I wouldn't know WHAT to say. Tongue-tied. That would be me! Gawking I'm sure.

But I would love to hear what they're talking about. About their style of writing. About what got them started. What inspires them each day to write. Do they go through their day "looking" for something to write about? Gosh, some of these women have hundreds or even thousands of readers each DAY! Golly.....

For those of you ladies who are already at the conference, glad you made it in safely. For those of you flying or driving out? Stay safe. During the next few days, have a BLAST! Take lots of photos. Make sure to post as much as possible....so those of us who couldn't make it can live vicariously through you.

No comments: