Friday, August 17, 2007

In and out like a flash

Yesterday before picking up the Princess, I dropped by JiffyLube to get my oil changed. I actually headed out of the house an HOUR before I needed to pick her up. This way I would have enough time to get the oil changed, right?

WRONG!

As I slowed down so that I could pull off the main road to get to the JiffyLube, I noticed the two cars ahead of me also were turning right. INTO the JiffyLube. Dang-darn-doodle! They got there ahead of me, so I figured I'd still have enough time to get it done.

WRONG!

The JiffyLube had all 3 bays open. 3 cars in the bays. 1 car behind the bays. And now these two additional cars ahead of me. Frick-frack!

I sat there for 10 seconds contemplating what to do. Wait? or leave? I left. I went to Office Max and Target instead. Yeah. I went shopping. I was pretty torqued up about not getting my oil changed too.

So this morning? I decided I'd slip out during the morning and get the oil changed. And when I pulled up to the placed they had 2 bays open. And only 1 car behind one bay. I slipped in at the 2nd bay. And a guy came up to chat with me straight away. He noted that I had a sticker on my front window, so he knew I'd be in their computer.
Attendant: Same oil as before?
Me: Yes. Same stuff.
Attendant: Okay. Just go in and have a seat. It should only take 20 minutes.
Me: OK. Thank you!
I took a seat inside the place. They called me out to the bay less than 3 minutes later. Already? My car was already in the bay being worked on? Yes! It's true! The service gal talked to me about extra services. AND as an aside, she complimented me on my haircut! I didn't take any of the extra services. Naw. I'll wait until my 30,000 mile check-up.

Anyway, the gal whose car was onside the first bay was sitting in the waiting room talking on her cell phone. She was pissed too. She was talking about her kids' school and what had happened that morning. She was pretty loud about how displeased she was.

I actually heard them pull my car around. I looked out the Venetian blinds and there it was! I got done first? YES! I guess they worked on my car before they worked on that gal was pissed. Just another reason for her to be pissed about the world!

But it's just another reason why I think it's good to be nice to the people who do anything for me. The attendant at the gas station. The person making my coffee at $tarbuck$. The customer service person for our subdivision. Being pleasant to the folks makes everyone's day better. You know?

No comments: