Friday, August 10, 2007

Trying to be sneaky

I tried calling the Hubs today around 4pm to find out if he was coming home early like he mentioned last night. I called. The phone rang. I left a voicemail.

Around 4:50pm, I got a call. It was the Hubs. I looked at the number BEFORE I answered the call and it wasn't his regular work phone. Strange.
Hubs: Hi babe. It's me.
Me: Hi. I tried calling you earlier and I left you a voicemail.
Hubs: Do me a favor....
Me: What's that?"
Hubs: Can you look at my nightstand and see if my phone is there?
Me: What? Your cell?
Hubs: Yeah. I don't have it with me.
Me: Hmm...well it's not here on your nightstand. Let me look on the desk.
Hubs: Yeah. I got to my car and realized I didn't have my phone with me.
Me: It's not on the desk. Or on the breakfast bar.
Hubs: I have no idea where I could have left it....
Me: Why don't you call your phone, so I can run around the house to see if I can locate it.
We hang up. I walk around the house. NOTHING.
Me: Well Sweetie, I didn't hear it ring at all.
Hubs: I'll be home in about 45 minutes.
Me: What?"
Hubs: I found it.
Me: You did? Was it in your office somewhere?
Hubs: [hesitating] I left it somewhere...
Me: Where is it?
Hubs: It's at $tarbuck$.
Me: You dropped by $tarbuck$ this morning and left your phone there?
Hubs: [sheepishly] Uh...yeah...
So the grumpy guy who left the house this morning got himself a little something at $TARBUCK$ this morning! Then he didn't want to admit that he'd gotten himself a treat this morning. Normally he gets a Grande Hot Chocolate (he doesn't drink coffee) and a raspberry loaf. YUM! He TRIED to be sneaky....but got caught! HA!

No comments: