Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Did ya have to do that?

Nothing is as unsettling as hearing your child scream. And THAT is what I heard now.

The kids and I just got home. When they get home from school, they take off their shoes, their clothes, and head to the bathroom. I normally take that time to head into the office and start up my laptop.

"MOM! I NEED YOU!" followed by muffled cries

WTF? I ran over to the half bath and found my daughter.

"Sweetie, what's wrong?"
"MOMMY! I can't get my poo-poo out!"

I put her brother's step stool in front of her. Have her put her feet on top of it. Have her lean forward. And I rub her back. She calms down with remnant tears running down her cheeks. A couple minutes later....

"Okay. Okay. It's coming now."
"That's good."
"I'm okay now. I was kind of freaked out."
"Yes, you were."
"I remember when this happened when I was wearing my brown dress when I was in the 1st grade."
"Oh yeah? You remember that happened last school year?"
"Yes..."
"Okay. I'm going to give you some privacy now."
"Thanks Mommy."
"Always remember, I'm here for you no matter what."
"I do. I'll remember."

Hopefully she will. Whether its a little constipation or her first period. I'll always come running when she or her brother yell in THAT way for me.

No comments: