Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Education day?

My son's preschool has teacher education day tomorrow. [clearing throat] On a Wednesday?

Holy shmuckers! What the heck am I going to do with the kid all day tomorrow? The preschool couldn't schedule the day on a Monday or a Friday? Having it on a Wednesday totally screws up any kind of peace for Thursday and Friday morning. The Bear will whine and cry about staying home with me. I KNOW he will. Any break in the regular routine causes a problem. Any deviation from the norm gets him stirred up.

And the Princess? I'm sure she's going to be complaining and moaning that her brother gets to stay home with Mom. But then again, she forgets that she gets vacations from school all the time. And we NEVER let the Bear know about those breaks. The 2nd week in October, she gets a week off from school. Fall break? But then again she gets like THREE days off in November. Then 2 weeks for winter break in December/January. Then 2 days off for Rodeo Days. Then there's Spring Break. ARGH!

But I hopefully will be able to get through tomorrow without an aneurysm. I'm going to have to load up on coffee (as it's already midnight and the kids get up at 6am). Maybe a run to Starbucks for a Triple Venti something or another and a pumpkin scone (which I love)? I am definitely going to need a kick-start in the morning. Most definitely.

We're lucky though because I work from home and am able to keep the kids at home with me. What are all those other parents who work in offices going to do with their kids? What do YOU do when your kids are off from school for a day/ a week? Who ends up watching your kids for you?

No comments: