Thursday, September 27, 2007

On the Radio...whoa-o-o-o...on the radio...

No. I didn't get to speak on the radio.

But an EMAIL that I sent to a local station did get read on the air about 10 minutes after I sent it.

There I was just responding to my work emails. And I heard the local talk radio guy start reading the email. MY EMAIL!

It was weird. I didn't expect him to read it on the air. I just wanted to respond to a blurb (the Bill O'Reilly ruckus) that he'd played as I listened on the drive home from the Princess' school. I'd heard a small snippet of it yesterday on the View. They only played the "controversial" portion before putting their two cents in. The talk radio guy played about 3 minutes. He allowed me to hear the actual CONTEXT of what O'Reilly was talking about. I found it interesting how an entire conversation can change a person's perspective of what is said. If you didn't hear the ENTIRE conversation, then you should hold any judgement until you listen to it all. But anyway....

I'm still excited that my email got read. The talk radio guy only said my first name, so no one knows it was mine. But now YOU do! The last time I was on the radio, I was on my cell giving a traffic update. That was like 12 years ago! So it's HIGH time that I made it back on the air.

Have you ever been on the radio?

No comments: