Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Games people play

No. Not the way people play on each other.

It's the games that people learn as they grow up.

I played "Life" and "Sorry". I loved to do word searches.

The Princess? She has JUST learned how to do Sudoku! The Hubs can't even figure out how to do the game. But the Princess? After a couple minutes of instruction from me, she basically did one on her own. I guess she got tired of watching me "play" with numbers and wanted to join in. And she was easily able to get the logic of it. She amazes me.

So today I've printed off a few puzzles from the internet. A few EASY ones. I told her that I would print her out a few so that she could work on it on her clipboard, while I worked on the puzzles in my book.

Hopefully, the Bear will want to "play" with numbers in a couple years. Then we can all sit quietly on the couch together doing these. What word or number games do your kids like to sit around and do?

No comments: