Monday, September 17, 2007

Hello? Welcome to Hotel Grace...

I emailed my family about 10 days ago about how we were going to celebrate the Princess birthday on Sep 29th.

Our neighbor whose daughter has the same birthday (not the same birth date) is having her party Sep 22nd. So I wanted my family to know what was going on. I let them know what we were planning. That it was going to be a celebration at a place in the mall that was geared to the little girls that would be in attendance. That it wouldn't be a big shebang here at our house.

Lil Sis and Shorty were the first to let me know they were coming out. Flying in Friday and flying out on Sunday. Fine and dandy.

Then about 5 days later, I got an email from my Mom saying that she and my father would be coming out. AND that they'd be bringing one of my nieces and one of my nephews.

Y'all...I've got SIX people coming out and staying with us! ARGH! Yes. I know. I emailed them and let them know what was going on. But SIX people?

This is the reason I made such a big deal about purchasing towels at Tarjay on Saturday. I had to some new towels. Ours are fraying. We haven't purchased a totally new slew of towels since we were married! Yes. We are still using those 10+ year old towels. But they were great towels. They've lasted a good long time. But we've been gradually throwing them out as the fraying has become more and more extensive. And now? I've got 10 new towels sitting on my couch. I'm planning on hitting Tarjay again tomorrow to see if they've got more of that same kind on the shelves. And if they do? I'm going to grab about 6 more. Or should I grab another 10? TOWELS!

But I also purchased a new mattress for the Bear's room. He's got an empty platform frame sitting in there. When we first got his bed, I didn't want to invest a bunch of money on a mattress and got him this inexpensive one. It's only about 6 inches deep. And for any adult it's as hard as a rock. No give whatsoever. But the Bear doesn't seem to mind. That mattress is in the corner of his sister's room. And THAT is where he sleeps. So that's why his bedroom frame is empty. So we're planning on putting all 4 kids (my two and the other two) in the Princess' bedroom all together. Then Lil Sis and Shorty will get the guest room -- which has a queen bed. My folks will be in our bedroom because it's the only one downstairs (my Dad can't climb stairs). So the Hubs and I will be in the Bear's room. On a new foam mattress that I just finished ordering. It's one of those foam mattresses (12 inches thick), so I hope it'll be mushy yet supportive. We'll see.

So we're going to have a full house not THIS weekend, but next weekend. It'll be nice seeing my family. I miss them!

No comments: