Sunday, October 14, 2007

I dropped out...I'm trying again though!

Remember how a couple months ago I was on a walking kick? I, unfortunately, stopped walking after I got sick. I never picked it back up. I mean, I was sick for over a week and I never got back in the groove.

I must tell you that this morning I started a new thing. I won't tell you what it is. But it's new for me. I think I'm going to like it. It's got aerobic and weight elements to it. So, it's stuff I've done before. A long time ago. So I'm sure it'll be pretty easy to get used to. It's just getting my lazy ass doing it on a regular basis. It's a 5 day a week program. And today was only the first day.

I'll give you my results in about a month. You'll be able to compare numbers in a few weeks from these ones.

Weight: 138 (which is the highest non-pregnant weight I've ever been)

Size: 8

Waist: 34 1/2 inches

Hips: 38 1/4 inches

I've got a "muffin top" situation. I just learned this term from my sister last month. But that's what I've got. For some folks, my numbers don't seem bad. But for my height and compared to the rest of my family, I'm quite large. My Mom & my oldest sister wear size 4. My younger sister wears a size 2. I can see in my face that I've gained weight.

In my past life, I used to respond pretty quickly to regular exercise. My muscle strength and endurance would kick in pretty quickly. But now that I'm 40? I'm not so sure. It'll be interesting to see. But let me tell you that I can feel some tension in my posterior already. Yup! It's a nice ache. Not pain. So it's all good.

But I'm trying. I'm really trying...again.

No comments: