Saturday, November 10, 2007

More time?

There are still the same number of hours in the day and yet I am finding that I'm spending more time with the kids. Nowadays, I've got a lot more time to actually do things for me, like exercise. I've also got time to spend with the kids. I now don't have to decide between the two activities. Time for me OR time with the kids.

The kids are a blessing. They keep my mind occupied. They keep me sane -- and also drive me insane. But I adore them.

Right now the kids are busy playing shadow. I've got one of those uplights pointed into the living room and all the other lights are off. So they are busy running around checking out their shadows. They do this at least once a week. I let them so that they can run off all their extra energy before bed.

Last night the Hubs came home bone tired. He'd had that work on his tooth in the morning and then went straight to work. His mouth was sore, so I knew he was barely able to stay awake. At dinner, I told him to take a shower and then go to bed. I then told the kids that I would be getting them ready for bed since Daddy was going to bed right after dinner. And the kids? They were ANGELS last night. They played nicely together the rest of the night and were totally cooperative when I got them ready for bed. I was able to be patient and gentle and didn't feel rushed like I normally would. I felt better. So I guess that translated down to them. And this morning, the kids and I spent a couple hours outside blowing bubbles and running around. Yup. Just blowing bubbles. It was nice.

So what did you do today?

No comments: