Sunday, November 11, 2007

Congratulations on the birth

I wanted to publicly congratulate E&T Hasselbeck on the birth of their son yesterday.

I find that E's move to leave the View early for maternity leave to be a very mature decision. Her husband was given a new job in a state all the way across the country. She left her job, so that they could all be together after the baby was born. GREAT decision. A decision that some families wouldn't or couldn't chose. I think it's a great decision she made for HER family.

What's great is that she on the show she has certain opinions. And she sticks by them. She says that she puts a priority on her family and this latest decision backs up her stance. You can tell when she talks about her daughter that E is in awe of her.

I always enjoy hearing about the situations E has to deal with when it comes to her daughter. As a Mom, I enjoy how E is dealing with bringing her daughter up. We all listened to Kathie Lee when she was on her show. We all listen to Kelly about her 3 kids. What's the difference with enjoying E talk? I am SO glad that Sherry is now on the show because she's also a Mom to a young child, so E has someone to relate to.

I know a lot of folks don't like E. She is the only Republican on a 5 person panel. She has very conservative values (although there are some areas that she goes mid-line) for the most part and her beliefs are 180 degrees away from most of the other panelist. Did you notice how LOUD the other panelists talk? I don't care that E is younger, you shouldn't hold that against her. It's her "view" as a person of a younger generation and it should be respected. Her opinions should be respected just as much as she respects the opinions of others. She actually allows them to SPEAK and say their entire thought on something without being interrupted. Interrupting another person that's speaking is one of my pet PEEVES about that is a lesson that is hard enough to teach my kids. But shouldn't these adults know this social rule? Anyway...I digress...

From a Mom to two here in Arizona, I wanted to say congratulations on the birth of your little boy!

No comments: