Sunday, November 11, 2007

Progress - 4 weeks in

It's been 4 weeks since the start of my new fitness program. I am enjoying it. I missed 4 out of 20 workouts, so I'm still finding it challenging to "fit" it all in. But I did MOST of the workouts, so I'm very proud of myself.

Changes I've noticed?
  • I'm sleeping more solid
  • My body feels more solid
  • My clothes are fitting less snug
  • I now can see my waist
  • When I flex my arms, I can the definition of where my bicep muscles are compared to the rest of my arm. That "dent"? You know what I'm talking about?
  • I can see definition in my body. I told you about my hamstrings a few entries ago. I just am starting to see that my mid-section is getting more defined. I can see the faint outline of my ribcage. I can see the inklings of a column in the center trunk area -- 6 pack here I come!

But here are the nitty-gritty results...the one month measurements.

10/14/200711/11/2007Loss/Gain
Breast40 1/239 1/2-1
Under breast3432 1/4-1 3/4
Waist34 1/231-3 1/2
Hips38 1/437-1 1/4
Upper Left Thigh23 22 1/8- 7/8
Upper Right Thigh23 22 1/8- 7/8
Left Calf13 1/413 3/4 1/2
Right Calf13 13 3/8 3/8
Upper Left Arm11 1/211 - 1/2
Upper Right Arm11 3/411 1/4- 1/2
Weight138 132 -6

So I've lost some inches. I can totally tell that I'm smaller around, especially when I put on a bra. I don't have to hook it on the last hooks anymore! You can see the "=" signs for my calves. That gain is fine with me. My calves are more defined. When I flex that area, I can see the outline of my calf muscle. What's funny is that I never really noticed that my calves had a 1/2 inch difference between them! But, did you see the difference in my waist? Can I get a Woohoo? I actually have a waist now! I'm not just a huge rectangle!

I have also lost some weight. It's taken an entire month to get those 6 pounds off. I'm hoping the next 5 pounds will come off more quickly. I've got muscles now and if I keep working out....I'm hoping the pounds will drop. I think these next 5 pounds will make a pretty dramatic change in my overall body shape. I already can see changes in m body now, but I think those 5 pounds will definitely shave quite a bit from my "muffin top". Yes. I still have it but it's a lot less significant. I've just got to keep my metabolism up so I can burn off the excess fat from my mid-section. I think if I changed what I was eating that the pounds would come off more quickly. It's not like I eat a lot of food. I just think if I incorporated more vegetables and fruit throughout the day that it would be more of a dramatic loss. But at least I'm exercising. One step at a time, eh?

So that's where I'm at. One month into my program. I still haven't mastered a couple of the DVDs, but I'll eventually "get" them. It just takes time. I've been so out of the work-out mode that it's taking more time for me to get back into the rhythm of it all. But it feels good. This morning, instead of doing a DVD while everyone was up? I chose to take a quick 25 minute walk around the neighborhood. It was quiet. It was nice. I got a good workout in for my legs. So I'm on my way....on my way to a healthier me.

No comments: