Monday, November 19, 2007

Oh what a beautiful morning...oh what a busy day...

I can't believe all that I've done today. And it's only just approaching 2pm.

Got my car window fixed -- I got a star-shaped chip in my window last week. Yup. I was entering the freeway and was able to slip onto the freeway behind a cement truck. As I moved to the middle lane? The cement truck ran over a rock -- not a pebble -- which catapulted into the air and hit my windshield just right of my normal line-of-sight. Instead of having the entire thing replaced, I just had the guy "fix" the break. We are going to be driving throughout the holiday season and I fear we'll have a REAL windowbreak. Something that spreads all across the glass. So I don't want to waste a window replacement on something minor.

Had some In-n-Out Burger -- I got my vanilla shake and fresh french-fries!

Cancel OB appt -- Since I no longer work for that company, my medical insurance from there is no longer valid. Yes, we can sign up for COBA but I hate having to deal with insurance changes. It's such a hassle and COBRA costs an arm and a leg! So I'm going to wait until the coverage from the Hubs' job kicks in.

Changed phone coverage -- For some reason, when my husband set this up when we moved into this house two years ago he did not include any long distance coverage.

3 phone interviews -- I find it interesting that a lot of people do phone screening nowadays. This way only REAL candidates come in. The question is, am I a real candidate? I hate having to talk about myself! I know a bunch of folks who can't help but talk about themselves in high regard (they are mostly boneheads and jerks of course), but I can't do it. Is it because I'm female and we're not brought up to brag? Or is it because I'm Filipino and we're taught not to brag?

Exercised for an hour -- Fit that bit of sweat into my day. I even showered already!

Ordered Christmas cards -- I first edited photos of the kids that I took on Saturday. I uploaded the cutest ones and selected one of the "cards". This year Snapfish (www.snapfish.com) has multi-photo cards, so I selected a card that has 3 photos (the two kids together, the Bear alone, and the Prin alone). I like to get my cards out the Monday after Thanksgiving. Yes. I'm one of THOSE people. I like to send my cards out early. I also like to receive cards as early as possible. HINT-HINT! This way, I can really relish on the cards -- especially if they are photo cards! I always hang the cards in a prominent place so we can see all our loved ones throughout December.

I'm too tired to clean. I think I'll hold off on that until tomorrow. Now what have you done today?

No comments: