Friday, November 30, 2007

Splish-splash

Y'all, it's raining. In Arizona!

Yesterday morning, it was overcast. REALLY overcast but it didn't really rain too much. It was just cloudy and only a tiny bit drizzly. But today? It was a heavier drizzle in the morning and a steady downbeat as the day progressed. No lightening at all. Not a bolt in sight.

So, what did I do?

After I brought the kids home this afternoon, we went in and went right back out. They didn't change their clothes. They just put on their flip-flops and got their light jackets and ballcaps. And we headed back out into the cul-de-sac across the street.

And what did we do? We splashed. SPLASH! SPLASH! We splashed in puddles in the street. We splashed the puddles in the gutter.

We were only out there for about 15 minutes, but the kids were soaked from their feet to about their hips. And they were ALL SMILES. It was great!

Now? The Princess is finishing her homework. The Bear is watching a Veggie Tales Christmas tape (I don't remember the exact title). Since I let them play in the puddles in the street, I think they'll be nice and docile the rest of the night. I don't think there will be any fights or issues. Or am I just hoping?

Nonetheless, it was a good time. Short. But GOOD!

No comments: