Saturday, December 1, 2007

And even more stuff went up

The Hubs and the Bear left us around 2pm today to go up to watch the ASU/UofA game. The last game of the season. What the heck is the Bear going to do now? Oy!

Since the boys were gone, I had to figure out what the Princess and I were going to do. I didn't want to head out to the movies again. That has typically what we've been doing when the guys go up to a football game. This time we stayed close to home. Mainly because it was raining the last couple of days. Last night the wind picked up hard. I didn't want to deal with any crud that comes along with bad weather.

Once the boys left, the Princess and I broke out the decorations for the front yard. Yup. I relented. We had our lighted candy cane and snowman lighted window forms up in the garage window, but I HAD to get more things up. I just had to. I got the 6 walkway Christmas trees set in an arc in the front of our center bushes. When I opened the box, I found out we had colored lights instead of white. I was okay with that because the figures in the window were very colorful. I then broke out the big A-frame ladder and hung bulbs up on our front two trees. Don't worry, I purchased "shatterproof" bulbs so they'll be fine outside. I also used zip ties to secure the bulbs to the branches, so those puppies are NOT coming down. Lastly, I wove two sets of strand lights on both of the trees. The two trees flank the bushes. So these white lights would frame the little color-lighted Christmas trees. I didn't get the strand up into the high branches because the trees are WAY too tall. I just wound the strands around the base and up around the first main branch-off branches.

We ate dinner at our local Chinese eatery. The wait staff knows us. We've eaten there at least once a month since they opened almost 2 years ago. We ate orange chicken, pork lo mein, and veggie fried rice. It was so good. Then we headed home and watched Spiderman 3. It was the first time we watched it. There were some parts where the Princess got "scared" so now I know that I need to watch this with the Bear when HE first watches this tomorrow. No matter what...he is going to LOVE this movie. My little guy puts on his Spiderman costume about 3 times a week. He just had it on this morning as he ate his pancake breakfast.

Anyway, that was my day. The Princess is tucked away in her bed upstairs. By now, the Hubs and the Bear are about 1/3 of the way home from the game. But I must say...that I'm really happy that the entire house (inside and out) is decorated for the season. That everything is done and now we can just enjoy our time. Now...if I can only get some shopping done! ARGH!

No comments: