Sunday, December 2, 2007

Rescue me!

I forgot to mention that the Princess and I went on a rescue mission on Saturday night.

Yup!

It rained from Thursday afternoon to Saturday, so the ground was wet. And our penguin? Our blow-up penguin in the backyard? Well, he "fell down" and couldn't get up by himself.

You see, when the Princess and I drove up the street from our little Chinese dinner we noticed that we couldn't see the penguin.
Princess: Mommy! The Penguin!
Me: Okay babe. Let's go out and see what happened to him.
Princess: Poor little Penguin!
Turns out that the things that we'd nailed into the ground had pulled loose due to the now soft dirt and the wind. So the little penguin didn't have a chance. I had to get the hammer. I had to re-locate where the penguin stood because the dirt area where he originally was located was all torn up. The Princess held the metal "nails" while I repositioned the penguin.

Once we got the penguin back up, the Princess was SO happy.
Princess: He's fixed! The poor little guy. He's so cute again!
She hugged the now tall standing penguin. She was so glad that we were able to fix him. And now every night she checks on her little friend to make sure he's okay.

No comments: