Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Don't believe everything you read

It's really interesting how things work in life. There are the good people who we are BLESSED to meet and be a part of our lives. Then there are those people who make our lives horrible. The people who hired me in my first job after I took a mommy-break when I had my kids? THOSE were awesome people. The people who ended up in management this year, are a part of the second group of people who end up in our lives.

You all know I'm out of work. You all know that I know longer work for that company. We parted ways. Yeah...Happy Holidays to me! Actually they've pretty much dampened my holiday spirit. I'm trying hard to keep it (as you can see with the decorating I've been doing).

It's just that I still can't believe there are companies out there that are just....BLEAH! Anyway, I visited their website recently and was SHOCKED to see what they've written as their "culture". There is stuff about integrity, humility, a place where you can make a difference, and a responsibility to make a difference in the world by giving back.

Reading this on their website made my stomach churn. Sickening. Just sickening. I can't believe companies out there exist. That they'd publicize themselves to the world as such....but in reality are NOT like this. If I was an existing employee and read this, I would be SO embarrassed. Especially if I was an employee that knew all the details about what has been going on the past few months.

So as we all know...don't believe everything you read on the internet. Really research. Really look. Open your eyes. Don't just trust people like I did. It's sad...but it's true.

But I do miss the original group of people I worked with. They were outstanding people. We were a great team. My heart is sad that chapter of my life is over. Even though we didn't see each other much, I felt so tied to those people. We all worked hard. And we could rely on each other no matter what. Now that support system has disappeared into thin air. And that is what's sad. We've all parted ways and have blown into the wind. I only wish them success. They are the people you WANT to see succeed. Honest. True. Genuine. Hmmm....I do miss them. So surround yourselves with good people. Your heart will not be let down.

No comments: