Friday, December 7, 2007

You gave me promises...promises...

Today, I was supposed to get "something" delivered.

I was told on Wednesday via email that I would receive that "something" today.

At 2:30pm today, I emailed the person who told me that I'd be receiving the "something" that I hadn't received the item.

At 3:30pm today, I received a response back from this person stating that I would not receive that "something" until Monday.

So.....

This person told me I'd receive this "something" today and didn't bother letting me know about the delay until I asked WHERE it was.

Now....

If I hadn't asked about the "something", would this person have let me know about the delay? I doubt it.

If you as a business person give someone a date of delivery, then you do all YOU can as a professional to meet that deadline. If there's a delay? You let that person know about the delay ASAP. You don't wait until the person asks. I can't believe how UNPROFESSIONAL this person has behaved.

[shaking head in disgust]

Don't promise what you can't deliver!

No comments: