Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Bathroom duty almost ALL done

I am ALMOST doing the happy dance.

After almost 7 1/2 years of taking care of my kids bodily functions, I'm on the very last leg of "on call" duty. Huh? What do I mean?

My son has started wiping himself after doing #2's!

He has finally realized that he can reach back there all by himself. Whew. I told him on Saturday that he should do an initial wipe and that I'd do a "final" wipe. He's been doing great too. Woo-hoo!

But the funniest thing happened yesterday after dinner.

The Bear ran over to the half bath after he finished his dinner. Then I heard a little bit of grunting and sounds of effort. Less than a minute later...
Bear: Mom....I'm all done!
I go over to do the final wipe.
Bear: Mom, you know what? I had BIG poop, but I didn't cry.
Me: Oh yeah? Good job buddy.
Bear: It was BIG and I pushed it all out.
He was so proud of himself. He remembered when his sister had an issue the other week. Anyway, it was just funny hearing him and then seeing the look of satisfaction on his face after. Priceless!

No comments: