Sunday, January 6, 2008

Scrub & wash & get it clean

I used one of my Christmas presents yesterday and today. I'm a practical person. Remember when I asked for a fancy toaster and a high-end iron a few years ago? I bough myself a Dyson two Christmas ago. And this year I asked the Hubs to get me a Little Green machine. Seriously, it's something that I've been wanting to get for a while now. You think it's strange that I like house stuff? I work from home so I don't need a bunch of purses or work clothes, so my focus goes to household items.

And what did I use the machine on first? Our family room sectional cushions. We've had our sectional for almost 10 years now. It's been used and abused. And it's never been cleaned yet. I can just hear y'all cringing back there. But it's mostly clean now. I tested the machine on two of our worst cushions last night (they had these water stains from when the Bear's sippys would leak). And when we woke up this morning, the cushions were fully dry...and we couldn't see any stains! I couldn't believe HOW clean these things looked. I think the Hubs wished we had the machine years ago. I don't think he realized how dirty the cushions were. But now seeing the difference between the cushions from last night to the ones that we haven't touched yet? He can DEFINITELY see a difference. So this morning, I went right to work on our other cushions, which are now currently drying.

It'll be good that we've finally cleaned our sectional cushions because this coming next Saturday my ILs [gagging] will down to celebrate the Bear's birthday.

What's the 'best' gift you received this holiday from your significant other/spouse?

No comments: