Thursday, January 3, 2008

What's missing here?

This morning the Princess ran out of the bathroom.
Prin: Mom! Mom! My tooth is gone!
The tooth is gone? That bottom front tooth that I inspected last night? The front tooth that I performed some side-wiggling to? GONE!

She didn't notice that the tooth was gone as she ate a bagel for breakfast. She only noticed that it was gone when she went over to brush her teeth.

Y'all....I think she swallowed it either during breakfast. OR last night when she was asleep.

I inspected her bed and the surrounding carpet. Didn't see it there. So what's the harm in swallowing a tiny little tooth? I don't think there's any harm. It's tiny. I'm sure it'll 'pass' with no problems.
Prin: Mom? Do you think I should write the tooth fairy a note to make sure she knows I lost my tooth?
Me: I don't think you need to write her a note Sweetie-Pie.
Prin: You don't think so?
Me: She's really good about knowing when kids loose their teeth.
Prin: So you think she'll still leave me something?
Me: Yes. She will. I'm sure she will.
So my girl has a tooth missing. AND she's got some hair missing too.

Hair? Yes! She and I went to the local salon and she got her first REAL haircut. Enough of it was cut that the Princess was able to donate it. Yes, THAT much was cut off. It's now hitting just at her shoulders. There are some slight layers in it on the ends for some interest and movement. And she's still wanting to grow out her bangs, so this haircut will help those bangs 'catch up' to the rest. I'll try to get a photo of her tomorrow.

But when the Bear and the Hubs saw the Princess this afternoon, they both were surprised by the sight of her. She seriously looks more grown up all of a sudden. And I'm trying to take it all in stride. Now she can wash and rinse her newly shorter hair by herself. All I have to do is inspect the results to make sure all the shampoo is out.

Changes....YUP! We've got changes already in 2008...

No comments: