Monday, February 4, 2008

Are you ready to make a decision?

For a lot of states, tomorrow is SUPER TUESDAY. Are you ready to cast your vote?

The Hubs and I had a great discussion Saturday night on who each of us is voting for and why. We're married and we're member of the same party, but we haven't discussed the election at all. AT ALL! It was interesting to hear why he is voting the way he is. He listened to what I had to say.

I think it'll be an interesting evening tomorrow. The races might stay tight. OR...a front-runner in each party may emerge. With so many states making decisions, it'll be a mighty busy evening. Since my state is going to be voting tomorrow, then I won't mind election updates during prime-time tv. I seriously dislike it when the national news pre-empts regular programming when my state isn't even involved. I can wait until I watch the news (if I watch it). I like to vote on what I know about the candidates. I don't allow the news casters/media effect my stand on issues. I don't allow others to sway my opinion. It's just like in high school. I like people for themselves, not on what OTHERS say about them.

So if you don't know who YOU are voting for tomorrow, please invest an hour or so to check out where the candidates stand. Go in there educated. It's the primary, so vote on who you want to represent your beliefs. Don't vote for someone just because the media or your family says that's who you should vote for. Vote for what you believe in.

No comments: