Thursday, February 21, 2008

Getting ready for summer

It's only just the end of February and I've already started getting the kids' summer scheduled out.

Y'all know how anal I am about being organized. And out here in Tucson? The "good" summer programs fill up in no time flat once the word is out that programs are signing people up.

Actually, I've got the kids scheduled for swim classes starting next week. It's an outdoor pool. And it's a heated pool as well. It's an introductory session -- only 3 weeks twice a week. But it'll be good. It'll give me an idea if they'll want to do the NEXT session, which is a 6 week session. The Bear has NEVER had a lesson in his life. The Princess has had small classes, nothing consistent. The Princess also is edgey about getting water in her nose/eyes/ears. The Bear is not worried about the water on his face. It'll be interesting to watch the two in the same class -- how the dynamic will develop.

I've got the Princess' applications all filled out for the YMCA day camp. I'm only going to let her go every other week this summer. I'm not working right now so I can't take the full financial hit of a full summer of day camp. Having her attend every other week will keep her moving physically and (more importantly) out of my hair. I'm going to turn in the forms on Monday.

I'm contemplating getting the Bear into a martial arts class too. It's really a reasonable cost and he'd enjoy getting physical -- I'm sure. So I've got that idea on hold until I get more finalized. We've already figured out when the kids will be spending a week with the Hubs' family. We've also already figured out when we'll be visiting MY family for a week.

Why am I being so anal? Because I am. If you want to check out our weather, check out the Accenture Golf Tournament highlights. That tournament is being held about 10 miles away. When you see long shots where there's a valley below and mountains in the horizon....you're actually peering towards where I live. Not many clouds -- you can actually see the blue of the sky! Tomorrow it'll be 40 at the coldest and the high will be around 68...so it's BEAUTIFUL!

When are YOU going to plan out your kids' summer?

No comments: